The purpose of the study is to determine the main career paths among medical students in Lebanon, as well as the primary incentive behind them.
Consent to participate in an Online Research Study
This notice is for an AUB-IRB Approved Research Study for Dr Mona Nasrallah at AUB and the following medical students: Al Mardini Michel, Diab Laura, Halwani Amal, Hatoum Firas, Matar Ayah, Mroué Rayan, Samaan Sami, Zeineddine Jana
*It is not an Official Message from AUB*
You are invited to participate in a research study entitled Career Choices of medical students in Lebanon and their determinants: a descriptive study conducted by Dr Mona Nasrallah, Faculty of Medicine at the American University of Beirut. The conduct of this study will adhere to the IRB approved protocol.
The IRB approved method for approaching subjects is an online survey using Limesurvey. The purpose of the study is to determine the main career paths among medical students in Lebanon, as well as the primary incentive behind them.
This message invites you to:
1. Read the consent document and consider whether you want to be involved in the study.
And to note:
· Participation is completely voluntary.
· Completing the questionnaire will take around 10 minutes.
· Only the data you provide in the questionnaire will be collected and analyzed. The research team will not have access to your name or contact details.
· The results of the survey will be published in a –research article/thesis/project report available in printed from and electronically from AUB Libraries: PowerPoint presentation with an opportunity for a research paper.
· This study targets medical students from all medical schools in Lebanon (equivalent to Med 1 to Med 4 years using US system).
POTENTIAL BENEFITS TO SUBJECTS AND/OR TO SOCIETY
You will not receive payment for participation in this study.
The results of the study will offer future medical students an opportunity to undertake constructive decision as to their long-term career goals. Furthermore, they will offer an opportunity to develop strategies to overhaul shortages as well as gender disparities.
POTENTIAL RISKS TO SUBJECTS AND/OR SOCIETY
The risks of the study are minimal. Your participation does not involve any physical or emotional harm.
The collected data will remain confidential and anonymous. You name will not be recorded on the questionnaire. The data that will be collected are completely confidential and will be kept safe behind a password locked email account. The account can only be accessed by the Principal investigator and the research team of the study.
Records will be monitored and may be audited by the IRB while assuring confidentiality.
PARTICIPATION AND WITHDRAWAL
If you voluntarily consent to take part in this study, you can change your mind and withdraw at any time without consequences of any kind.
Refusal to participate or withdrawal from the study will involve no penalty or loss of benefits to which the subject is otherwise entitled, and neither will it affect their relationship with their organization and AUB/AUBMC.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE STUDY
If you have any questions about the study, you can contact the Principal Investigator at: email@example.com
Or the research team at: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
ACCESS TO THE SURVEY
If after reading the consent document and having you questions answered, you voluntarily agree to take part in the study; you can access the survey by clicking on the following link.
CONCERNS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS
If you have concerns about the study or questions about your rights as a participant, you can contact the AUB IRB Office:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Telephone: 00961 -1-350000 or 1 374374, ext: 5445 o Fax: +961 1 738025
• PO BOX: 11-0236 F1
There are 24 questions in this survey.