Synopsis. (for IRB Workshop Registration)
Please provide all the following information:
1. Purpose of the research study
2. Research/study questions or hypotheses
3. Recruitment of research participants:
a. Who will be eligible for your study (categories of participants, age range, and gender)?
b. Who will recruit the participants, where, and how?
4. Describe the consent process from initial contact to the end of the study. Provide a short script for the initial approach. Will it be necessary to deceive the participants? If so, describe the extent of the deception.
5. Explain what a participant has to do to withdraw from the study.
6. How will you protect the privacy of your participants?
7. How will you safeguard confidentiality of the data?
8. Research method/procedure:
a. Submit copies of copyrighted questionnaires and/or sample questionnaire items you have developed yourself.
For open-ended interviews, provide a list of topics and a few sample questions and prompts.
Submit focal questions for focus group discussions.
For experiments, describe the intervention and any equipment you will use.
b. If you will use an online survey, identify the platform you will use: Limesurvey, Kobo, other (please specify)
c. Indicate whether you will make audio recordings, video recordings, or take photographs for your study.
9. Data analysis and disposition of data collected (including any audio or video recordings) at the end of the study.
10. Explain how you will disseminate the study findings (thesis/project report in an AUB library, conference paper, journal articles, other). Only a sentence about your intentions is required.